Preventative dentistry is essential to maintain optimal oral health. Oral health can also directly affect your overall health. It is maintained by having a combination of regular preventative dental services and strong personal dental hygiene.
Preventative dental care includes:
- Home care (brushing and flossing)
- Regular dental cleanings and exams
- Preventative treatments such as dental sealants and fluoride treatment
- Reviewing your diet and any habits that may affect your oral health
- Recommending oral health products or hygiene aids for your use
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends a minimum of two dental check-ups every year. Observing this recommendation can help you stop dental disease in its beginning stages.